You may be aware of the stock standard "Print Screen" button on your keyboard or the windows "Snipping Tool", both of which can be used to take basic screenshots...but there is a little free tool available called Screenpresso, that greatly enhances the entire process. Developed by Learnpulse SAS, the tool is a great addition to any PC users arsenal.
Screenpresso offers a free version, as well as some very advanced features in two distinctly different paid versions. But for most users, the free version packs more than enough punch!
Here are just some of the features it will allow:
- Screen Shot Region only : very handy if you don't want to show your entire screen, but just a portion. Screenpresso has a handy feature that will automatically highlight open windows, allowing for quick, easy capturing of particular apps or programs.
- Delayed Screen Grab: great if you are trying to capture a drop down button list or something that requires interaction to display. Virtually impossible to do without a Delayed feature.
- Basic Editing: add highlight boxes, arrows, text and much more. This is a brilliant tool if you are doing a presentation or trying to show a particular item or component on a page.
- Screen Stitching: an awesome feature that allows you to capture pages that require scrolling to view the entire set of content.
- Video Capture: another great feature that allows you to record your screen and activities. Really handy if you need to show your IT support or web designer an issue that is triggered by a series of actions. (NB - The free version does have a branding page at the end of each clip, but for around $30AUD, you can upgrade to have this removed).
- Sharing: Screenpresso allows you to share directly from the program to social media, cloud storage and more.
A very handy little program! Head over to www.screenpresso.com to download it today!